Global Money Trends

Staying on Top of Volatile Global Markets

US$ Rebounds from -10% Slide, as Odds of Fed rate hike by year’s End, rises to 90%

     The horse race over who will become the next chairman of the Federal Reserve, has seen four contenders for the position move briefly into the lead in the betting markets, but only to see their odds of winning, plummet. Two falling stars – Fed chief Janet Yellen and Goldman Sach’s #2 insider, Gary Cohn, have seen their odds for getting the nod for the position of Fed chief, peak in the mid-30’s and then quickly plunge to as low as 10%.

     President…

Oct 08, 2017

Dow goes Parabolic, Soars above 22,500-level- shrugs off hawkish Fed

     Retail investors who’ve been waiting for stock prices to go “on sale” before buying have a problem: The benchmark S&P-500 index <SPX> hasn’t suffered a decline of -3% or more for nearly 11-months, the 2nd longest run in history. It’s been the calmest and least volatile year in Wall Street’s history. The cost of purchasing insurance against a general market decline, – the Volatility Index (VIX) ended the month of September at 9.51, its lowest monthly close in history.

     There have…

Oct 02, 2017

Pyongyang’s Hydro Bomb rattles Korea’s Kospi Rally

     South Korea’s economy has demonstrated incredible strength and resiliency over the past 65-years, to become the eleventh largest economy in the world, and the fourth largest in Asia, behind China, Japan, and India. Much of the country’s infrastructure was destroyed during the Korean War that followed in 1950-1953. After the war, South Korea became heavily dependent on US-aid. In the 1960’s, GDP per capita was comparable with levels in the poorer countries of Africa and Asia. Yet in 2004, South Korea joined the trillion-dollar club of world economies.

Sep 05, 2017

Who deserves the Credit for US Stock market Rally into the Stratosphere?

     Gauging by the performance of stock market indexes, Donald Trump’s Presidency has been a smashing success in its first six months. US-Stocks rose sharply in the first six months of 2017, with the S&P-500 index <SPX> rising +8%, outstripping the return most Wall Street strategists predicted for the full year and doubling the average +4% January-thru-June gain since World War II. The Dow Jones industrial average topped 20,000 for the first time and made 24 record highs. US-companies posted their best quarterly profit growth…

Jul 17, 2017

Want to Stay on Top of Volatile Global Markets?


Global Money Trends
presents the major trends in one easy to read newsletter.

Global Money Trends
Audio Broadcasts

 

Subscribe to the Global Money Trends newsletter, for $75 for a six month subscription (ie; 25 issues). The newsletter is 15-to-20-pages in length, and contains charts on various global markets on each page. You can see examples of such charts on this website's homepage, and by clicking on the Charts tab located above. Global Money Trends is published on Sunday evening.

Audio Broadcasts are uploaded Monday and Wednesday evenings, to our subscriber section, with the latest news and analysis moving markets.

After subscribing, we will e-mail a receipt, a username, and a password to your mailbox within 48 hours, in order to gain access to the Log-In area, located at the upper right corner of this homepage. To order over the phone, please call #561-391-8008, Sunday thru Friday, from 9:00-am to 9:00-pm EST.

Follow me on Twitter at:    https://twitter.com/FXMoneyTrends